The much-awaited sequel to Bungie’s hit console shooter is finally arriving on September 6, 2017 and fans will have a chance to have an early access through the official Open Beta testing.
The official start and end dates for the Open Beta has been released. Players who pre-ordered on the PlayStation 4 will be the very first ones to have access to the beta test:
- July 18, 2017 – 10am PST / 6pm BST – PS4, start time for those who pre-ordered
- July 19, 2017 – 10am PST / 6pm BST – Xbox One, start time for those who pre-ordered
- July 21, 2017 – 10am PST / 6pm BST – start time for all players on all consoles
- July 23, 2017 – 9pm PST / 5am BST – end time for all console players
- TBA, estimated to be on late August – for PC players
So what’s in store for Open Beta Players?
For the opening story mission, players will get to play the “Homecoming” campaign. There will also be the three-player cooperative “The Inverted Spire”. Competitive multiplayer is also available, with the Countdown and Control modes.
In Control, matches will now begin with each team controlling one of the control points and capturing points will no longer have you uncaptured them from the other teams. Meanwhile, Countdown is a completely new mode described as “an asymmetric objective mode where you have to plant a bomb in the enemy base and then defend it until it explodes.” which is reminiscent of other co-op games like Counter Strike.
Players will also be able to play with some of the new subclasses introduced:
- Downblade Warlock – the new warlock subclass, replaces the old Warlock Sunsinger.
- Titan Sentinel – replaces the old Titan Defender, with a new Super that replaces the old Ward of Dawn.
- Arcstrider Hunter – replaces the old Bladedancer subclass, as well as with a new Super
For one hour starting on July 23 10:00am PT, all players will have access to the new social space called “The Farm”, which will replace The Tower, where players used to gather in the first Destiny. The Farm can only be accessed for one hour as its purpose is to test how many players it can accommodate all at the same time. However, vendors and services will not be functional as the beta will not have character progression.
Because the beta will not have character progression, whatever progress you’ve made will not be carried on to the final release. However, beta players will unlock an emblem which they can use in the final game.
Destiny 2 will be released on the Playstation 4, Xbox One, and PC. Xesero offers a huge array of affordable gaming accessories to enhance your Destiny 2 experience.