It’s about time that Bethesda releases a special edition of Fallout 4 after nearly two years of being released as well as receiving 2 Game of the Year Awards from two award-giving bodies (namely from the Academy of Arts and Sciences and the British Academy Game Awards).
“Winner of more than 200 “Best Of” awards – including the 2016 BAFTA and 2016 D.I.C.E. Game of the Year – Fallout 4 is the studio’s most ambitious game yet. As the sole survivor of Vault 111, you enter a world destroyed by nuclear war. Every second is a fight for survival, and every choice is yours. Only you can rebuild and determine the fate of the Wasteland.” (from Bethesda’s official website)
This Game of the Year edition will include the latest gameplay updates, graphical enhancements, and the ability to play mods for free on PC and consoles.
Of course, all the official expansion packs they’ve released so far will come with this release:
- Automatron: The first story add-on released on March 22, 2016. The arrival of evil robots in the Commonwealth unleashed by a mysterious Machinist calls for your help. You mix-and-match parts from the evil robots you’ve harvested them from. Your new robot companions can be fully customized from their voice, paint schemes, abilities and weapons.
- Wasteland Workshop: The second add-on released on April 12, 2016. This add-on expands your options when it comes to customizing your settlements with tube lighting, letter kits, taxidermy, and more. You can also design cages to capture live creatures for you to tame and use in battle.
- Far Harbor: Released in May 19, 2016 as the second story add-on. This add-on lets you into the world of Far Harbor, a mysterious island off the coast of Maine. Higher radiation levels in this area resulted in much vicious monsters than you’d normally encounter. Witness the strife between the island’s inhabitants and choose whether to finally bring peace to their warring factions.
- Contraptions Workshop: The fourth add-on and the second workshop add-on, released on June 21, 2016. This add-on gives you a wide array of machines for you to play around with – conveyer belts, scaffolding kits, elevators… you name it! It even comes with logic gates for you to create even crazier and complex contraptions in your settlement.
- Vault-Tec Workshop: The fifth add-on and third workshop add-on, released on July 26, 2016. You can now build your own vault, customize its inhabitants, and manage it like a model Overseer – or not.
- Nuka-World: The sixth add-on and the third story add-on, released on August 29, 2016. You can now explore Nuka-World, an abandoned amusement park now inhabited by lawless raiders. There are tons of new quests and storylines for the player to explore.
Bethesda will also release a collector’s ‘Pip-Boy Edition’ in a very limited quantity. This exclusivity will come at a price, as it will retail for $99.99 – but considering what is included in the bundle, die-hard fans of Fallout 4 probably wouldn’t mind dropping a few dollars for some collectibles. The Pip-Boy Edition includes a wearable Pip-Boy, a copy of the Fallout 4: Game of the Year Edition, a pocket guide for your Pip-Boy, and a Vault-Tec Perk Poster.
Fallout 4: Game of the Year Edition will be released on September 26, 2017 and will be available for PC, Xbox One and Playstation 4. Check out these affordable console accessories to improve your gaming experience, offered here at Xesero!